Terms & Conditions Holiday cottages Lys d’Avril
1. These terms and conditions apply to all bookings made for the properties Lys d’Avril, Glanges, France and its inventory.
2. At the time of booking we require a deposit of 50%. The balance of the rental fee is due six weeks before the arrival date. Bookings made less than six weeks prior to the arrival date must be paid in full at the time of booking. Booking is definitive as the booking has been paid.
3. If, for compelling reasons, the booking is cancelled more than four weeks before the arrival date, a full refund will be given minus the deposit. This amount constitutes reasonable estimated losses arising out of the cancellation. For cancellations made within four weeks before the arrival date, no refund will be provided. If, however, the booking is cancelled but we succeed in re-letting the cottage for the same period, a full refund will be given less any costs incurred. We strongly recommend that you take out cancellation insurance for your holiday.
4. Non-payment of the rental fee on or before the due date shall be regarded as a cancellation of the booking by the client and the entire rental fee will be due. Aside from this, we would only cancel a booking if the cottage were unavailable for reasons beyond our reasonable control.
5. The cottage will be available from 4.00 pm on the day of arrival (Saturday) and we require that you vacate the cottage by 10.00 am on the day of departure (Saturday), unless otherwise agreed in advance.
6. We ask you to take all reasonable and proper care of the property and leave the property in a clean and tidy condition. This includes placing all refuse in the garbage bins outside the property and leaving no dirty dishes.
7. You are liable for any damages or breakages to the property or its contents that are caused by you or any members of your party, unless you can demonstrate that the damage is not due to negligence or willful misconduct.
8. Any damages or breakages must be reported to the caretaker as soon as possible and paid for before you depart.
9. During your stay, you are responsible for the behavior of all members of your party.
10. We ask you not to do or permit anything on the premises that might cause a nuisance to neighbors and to abide by all instructions from the caretaker as regards the use of the property. We reserve the right to ask you and your party to leave the property without any refund if the behavior of any guest is considered unacceptable.
11. We do not accept liability for any injury caused to persons or any loss or damage to personal property. Our rental fee does not include insurance and we strongly advise that you take out suitable insurance cover.
12. We endeavor to ensure that everything is to your satisfaction during your stay. Should you find any faults or have any complaints, we advise you to contact the caretaker. In the unlikely event that the caretaker cannot sort out the problem to your satisfaction, we ask you to contact us immediately so that any appropriate action can be taken.
13. Pets are permitted only with prior approval. Smoking is not permitted in the cottage.
14. We require a damage deposit of € 150-. This will be refunded to your bank account within fourteen days of your departure from the property less any costs incurred.
15. The number of persons occupying the property must not exceed the number declared at the time of booking.
16. Our houses are situated in the rural surroundings of France. So life and expectations can differ from your home customs/habits and experiences such as small animals, slower internet, no cable/satellite e.g. We are not responsible for that and will not be a held accountable.
17. If the client continues to fail to comply with any obligation to which he is subject by virtue of the rental agreement, as a result of which the lessor is compelled to take judicial and/or extra-judicial measures, all costs incurred shall be for the client’s account, including the costs of legal assistance. Dutch law is applicable.